Searching for the best toddler table and chairs for your child? We put this list together to help you choose.
These tot tables and chairs could be used to work on activities or used as an eating area.
There are a wide variety of toddler tables and chair sets on the market. They are available in different sizes, materials, colors and designs. While selecting the best toddler table and chairs, it’s also important to keep in mind your child’s comfort and safety.
This post contains affiliate links.
The Best Toddler Table and Chairs (2020 Reviews)
If you’re in a hurry and want to know our top choice, this one here from Melissa & Doug is rated as the best toddler table and chairs. You get a really good quality product for a reasonable price.
Melissa & Doug is a well-known kids brand. It is loved by the parents for the quality of products they launch. This wooden table and chair set is quite sturdy and very easy to assemble. You kids can do whatever they want like craft work, coloring, studying and eating.
These chairs double as a great decor item as well. They are tip-resistant and cleaning them is very easy. You can use a wet wipe to clean the plain surface. Also, the construction of this furniture set is solid but safe for kids. Even you can join you kids on these sturdy chairs.
Moreover, if you have more kids, then you can purchase additional chairs.
- The 3 piece set is of great quality
- Looks very stylish
- Stays in good condition for longer than others
- Easy to assemble; all you need to do is to screw the parts
- No rough edges that can hurt your kids
- Natural wooden finish
- Great for both kids and adults
- Although the material is of great quality, it is not scratch-proof. This is the main issue with this set.
- Some customers have reported about some loose screws. This is a minor problem as you can easily re-tight them.
- The chairs can tip if they are moved a lot. Make sure to test them and see how your toddlers balance on them for the first time.
2. IKEA Chairs and Table Set For Kids – Best Affordable Furniture set
To begin with our top pick, we have a high quality furniture set from the reputed brand IKEA. The brand is known for their stylish, good quality yet affordable furniture. This furniture set looks very stylish and is made from softwood. It is easy to assemble and completely safe for the kids.
There are two chairs and a table in this set. The height of the chairs are 11 inches from the ground and the rectangular table is 17 inches high and made from fiberboard.
The set is sturdy and the joints are secured by good quality screws. You will not face any kind of issues while moving this furniture around. Also, the joints are not sharp at all, so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your kids.
- Looks great
- Easy to assemble and personalize (you can paint it in any color you want)
- A bit smaller than what is expected by the users
- Cleaning can be a bit tricky
3. KidKraft’s Farmhouse Furniture Set – Deep Shades of Brown
If you’re looking for a gorgeous furniture set for your kids that goes well with your interiors then this table and chair set from Kidkraft may be ideal for your home.
This set is available in three beautiful shades: espresso, natural wood and pecan brown. The deep espresso tone goes well with all kinds of interiors. It will add a contrast in the lighter rooms and looks amazing with the leather-finished dark rooms. The darker shade will also hide the marks of sketch pens and crayons.
This table and chairs set provides spacious room for the kids to do their favorite activities comfortably. These come in a set of well constructed 4 chairs and a table. Also, the height of these chairs is appropriate for your little kids.
You can also sit on these chairs to guide your children while they do their homework.
- The construction of this chair set is solid and robust. You don’t need to worry about the parts getting loose.
- Provides enough space for the kids to spread their toys, coloring books and other materials.
- Comes in three attractive colors: Espresso, Pecan and Natural finish. All three of them are equally good.
- Looks very stylish
- Can handle the weight of adults as well.
- Although the furniture looks beautiful in each of the shades, it is very prone to damage because of the softwood. So, handle it with care, especially when it comes to tightening the screws. It can easily split the wood.
- This set takes some time to get fully assembled.
- The bolt heads are not covered in this set. However, this is a minor issue and you can fix it in a number of ways. Either apply 2-3 coats of paint to make them blunt or get some bolt caps from your local home hardware store.
4. KidKraft’s Wooden Round Table and Chair Set with Storage – Easy To Use
Here is another furniture set from Kidkraft. This set includes two wooden chairs and a round table. It is easy to handle and very comfortable for the little ones. This is suitable for kids from ages 1 to 3 years.
The light pink and white color looks very cute. It is very easy to clean; you can quickly wipe it with a wet sponge.
There is also a mesh storage compartment at the centre which comes in handy for the kids to store their art supplies, toys and storybooks. It also includes a lid so it won’t look untidy at all plus your kids will learn some organizational skills as well.
The set is made from composite wood which makes it sturdy. Assembling it will not be a problem; you can easily do it in less than 20 minutes.
- The size of this set is perfect for little toddlers. They can easily move in these chairs on their own.
- Comes with a storage compartment that allows kids to keep their essentials organized. Also, the lid ensures that it doesn’t look messy.
- You can easily assemble it in 15-20 minutes once it gets out of the box.
- Kids can easily move these chairs on their own as the set is pretty lightweight.
- As per the customer reviews, this set is not very durable. The parts can get loose with time. So, expect it to last for a year or a little bit more.
- Many customers have reported that the size of this set is smaller than expected. So, cross-check this fact before purchasing.
- There are only two chairs in the set and there is no option if buying extra chairs. This can be an issue if you have more children at home.
5. Humble Crew Construction Table and Chair Set – Perfect For Kid’s Favorite Building Blocks Game
This set is one to be loved by your kids. A very good reason for that is because it comes with a storage area at the centre where children can play their games like building blocks and puzzles. The top of the table is removable, so it works as a mini play area for table games.
The set itself is very colorful; it looks fun and attractive to the kids.
Cleaning this set is easy to do. You can easily clean it and wash it if your kid has spilled something on it. This can be a great addition in your kids room.
- The storage area at the centre allows children to keep some toys and books handy. This can help kids learn organizational skills.
- This set is great for building block games for two reasons: it has a removable table top and secondly, the colors are bright and fun.
- It is super lightweight. Kids can easily move it around to sit in their favorite corner.
- Lightweight furniture is good, but the problem is kids drag it everywhere which is not ideal.
- If you have hardwood flooring then you have to be a bit careful with this set. It can easily scratch the floor if moved a lot. A good idea is to keep a non-slip mat under the furniture.
- It is a plastic set and suitable for kids only. So, if you are planning to join your little ones then don’t forget to bring your own chair.
6. Humble Crew Collection Kids Wood Table & Chair Set
This is again a furniture set from Humble Crew, but it is a wooden set unlike the previous one. It is perfect for coloring, reading, playing, eating and reciting poetry. It can be a perfect gift for the little guys as well as girls of three years and above.
You can easily get this set in a variety of colors like yellow, blue, green and red. The sturdy wood construction means that you don’t have to worry about the parts getting loose. It will also last for a long time.
The set is very easy to use and assemble. Once out of the box, it can be assembled within 15 minutes or even less. Furthermore, you can easily clean it using a wet wipe.
This table and chairs set for kids, looks great when placed in bedrooms, playrooms and the living area as well. The height of the chairs is perfect for kids who can easily sit and get back on their own. It will also last for a long time as the wooden material is very solid. This one surely had to make it on our list of best toddler table and chairs.
- It looks amazing no matter where you place it.
- The quality of wood is very good. It is sturdy and well-built.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Available in a wide range of colors.
- Because it is a wooden furniture set, it can warp after a couple of months. This is the only issue reported by customers by far.
7. B Spaces by Battat Toddlers Furniture Set
This kid’s furniture set comes in beautiful colors that are loved by little boys and girls. This one is a highly functional set that can double as a decor item in your room. It looks very attractive in its neutral colors.
It is very easy to assemble. While it comes with two chairs and a table, you can go for extra chairs if you have more than two kids.
You can also sit on these chairs along with your little ones. The chairs are sturdy enough to handle your weight.
All in all, it is a good quality, functional and highly affordable furniture set for the kids.
- It looks very pleasing to the eye. Place it anywhere in your room to add a little charm to the room. It goes well with all kinds of interiors.
- Can be used by adults. The material of this set is sturdy enough to handle your weight.
- This set is designed for both boys and girls and hence, comes in gender-neutral colors. So, your boys and girls will like their furniture equally.
- Easy to assemble and move. You can easily do it within 10 minutes or less.
- Cleaning this set can be an issue for some parents because the surface is not stain-proof. Some stains are likely to stay forever.
- A few customers have reported that the chair legs are lopsided. Check the set very well after you get it and return it immediately if such problems exist.
- This is made from plastic material. It is a bit flimsy and can impose difficulties for the kids while sitting.
- Don’t expect it to last for long if your kids are extremely energetic and move it a lot.
8. Bright ‘n Bold Table & Chairs From Little Tikes
This toddler table and chair set from Little Tikes is mainly famous for its easy-breezy cleaning. Aside from looking cute, it is so easy to clean.
It is best for small toddlers due to its low height. The set is made from high quality plastic which makes it durable. You can keep this set in the bedroom, living room and outdoors as well. It is super light to carry and children can use it without needing any help from elders.
When not in use, you can tuck these chairs under the table to give your room a neat and clean look.
Your kids will surely enjoy doing their artwork and eating their favourite snack on them.
- Cleaning this set is done quite effortlessly. You can wipe it quickly with a wet sponge. If there are a lot of stains, you can use detergent too.
- Attractive design that also allows small kids to sit and get up comfortably from the chairs. There are also no harsh screws and edges, so you don’t have to worry about kid injuries.
- Because it is easy to move, it can get a bit slippery. So, make sure your children learn to balance it first.
- Plastic seats are a bit flimsy.
- This set is very lightweight, so be prepared for watching your kids move their chairs all day and everywhere.
9. Bracelet Babies – Kid Folding Table and Folding Chairs
If you’re living in a small apartment or have other space issues then this folding table and chair set is perfect for you needs. It includes four chairs and one table all of which are completely foldable. You can fold them when not in use and can also take them to your picnics and camping trips. They are extremely easy to transport.
Apart from the storage, this set looks cute and attractive. The quality of the material is decent and it is available in pop colors. Furthermore, it also includes a safety lock in the form of a push-button to protect your kid’s fingers.
Overall, it is a good table and chairs set for the young ones and it is perfect to keep indoors/outdoors and ideal for transporting.
- Easy to transport; These chairs and tables fit easily in the car trunks.
- Easy to store; doesn’t take much space.
- Easy to clean.
- Available in fun colors.
- The seat fabric of chairs can get damaged within a few months.
- Some customers believe that it is a bit overpriced.
- Although there is a finger lock, kids can still trap their fingers in the joints.
10. Primary Colors Table and Chair Set From Melissa & Doug
Last but not least, we have the Primary Colors furniture set for kids from Melissa & Doug. This set includes four chairs and one square table. It looks super fun and cute as there are four popping colors. Each chair has a different color: red, blue, yellow and green.
This is a wooden furniture set which is of great quality and design. It is also lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Looks pleasing to the eye; 4 fun colors: red, yellow, blue, green.
- Easy to clean.
- Great quality.
- Safe for kids – no rough and sharp edges.
- Slightly expensive.
That’s it!! So, these were some of our top picks of the best toddler table and chairs for you. Select any that fits into your budget and preferences.
Choosing The Best Toddler Table and Chairs For Your Toddlers
Let’s discuss the main factors you should consider while purchasing a table and chair set for toddlers.
Size is the first thing you should look for while purchasing the best toddler table and chairs for your kids. They should be perfect for the age and size of your children. If your kids are three years or below, look for the chairs that are about 10 inches from the ground to make sure your little ones don’t fall and get injured.
Similarly, if your kids are a little bit older i.e 6 to 10 years of age then you can go for the table and chairs that are maximum 15 inches tall. These are just slightly smaller than the full-size chairs. Sometimes you can even join your kids on these furniture sets.
There are also some chairs that come with adjustable legs, so you can increase their height as your kids grow.
Kids furniture sets are usually available in plastic, wood and even metal. You can go for any material depending upon your preferences. Because kids are not likely to sit at any one place for too long, go for the furniture which is lightweight so your kids can easily move it around.
Plastic sets are easy to clean and good for children under 3 years of age since they don’t have sharp edges and can be moved around easily by the little ones. You may prefer wooden furniture for your older kids. The best thing about kid wooden tables and chairs is that they are very sturdy, look good and can be used by adults as well.
Another important consideration is the activities your kids are likely to do at their table. A good idea is to look for the ones that have a spacious desk area and storage compartment where your kids can keep their play things and craft materials.
Kids are likely to use their table and chair set for doing their artwork, writing, playing and even enjoying their meals.
Kid Safety Tips
Here we share some safety tips you should know about to keep your child safe from injuries while using their own furniture set.
1. Figure out the placement of the furniture. Make sure to keep it in an environment which is safe and before your eyes. Avoid placing it in any lone corner and keep it somewhere you can always keep an eye on it.
Also, never place the furniture near electric sockets, gas stoves and any machinery. Always keep your children’s furniture at a place where you can see and hear them easily.
2. Consider placing the table and chairs on a soft rug or carpet. This will make sure if, by any chance your kid falls off the chair, he will not get injured due to the hard surface. A fluffy rug is a good option.
3. Don’t place any machinery near their play area. Your kids may end up doing something dangerous they shouldn’t. Also, avoid placing heaters and coolers near them.
4 Always keep an eye on your kids when they do their activities at their table.
5. Never leave your toddlers unattended when they are eating or snacking. Make sure to guide them to prevent choking.
6. Always keep the nuts and screws covered if they aren’t already. You can easily purchase some screw caps from any hardware shop.
7. Avoid buying a toddler table and chairs with sharp edges and joints. Also, the material should be soft and lightweight so that kids don’t hurt themselves while moving it.
8. It is very important for the kids to learn some basic etiquettes and ground rules. These ensure their safety as well as improves their organizational skills.
9. Teach your children some safety rules such as not dragging the chairs everywhere, not standing on the furniture, keeping their tables and chairs clean, not to color on the furniture etc.
10. While working and playing in their own space, kids should have access to all the essential things they might need. Keep their toys, craft supplies, stationary, trash bin, and water bottle nearby.
We hope you found this guide helpful in choosing the best toddler table and chairs set. This way, you can invest in the right piece of furniture and provide a better learning space for your kids.
Related Toddler Articles:
- 8 Best Wooden Kitchen Sets For Toddlers – Great For Imaginative Play!
- 13 Best Train Sets For Toddlers and Preschool Kids
- 12 Top Dollhouses For Toddlers Reviewed
- 10 Best Puzzles For 2 Year Olds (Toddler Favourites!)
- 19 Best Books For 2 Year Olds To Foster A Love For Reading
- 10 Best Bubble Machines For Toddlers and Older Kids