Do you ever dream about working from home and starting a blog?
Every blogger may have their own reasons for starting a blog but there are some very common reasons to start blogging and why you should start a blog today.
7 Reasons Why You Should Start a Blog Today
- Tell your story or share your passion. You don’t have to be an expert in anything to start your own blog. You can just share your own life experience. Readers that can relate to your story or learn from it, can become your biggest fan! Do you have a unique story to share? If not, what about a passion of yours? What do you love to do or talk about? I’m sure you’re not the only one. Others would love to hear about it.
- Help others. This ties in with the first reason of telling your story or sharing your passion. If you can help others with what you have to say this will make your blog successful. Helping others while your blog becomes a success – wouldn’t that be a great thing? You could be helping a busy mom just by simply sharing a recipe for a quick weeknight meal. Your help doesn’t have to be something extraordinary. It could be something simple that provides a solution to a problem.
- You can earn an income. Some bloggers just blog as a hobby but if you want to earn a side income or even full-time income from blogging it is very possible. You can make money by writing sponsored posts, using ad networks, making affiliate sales, or creating and selling your own products. You can get more information in my free e-course on how to grow a profitable blog.
- It’s inexpensive to start. You can start a self-hosted blog for as low as $3.95 a month with Bluehost and you can even get a free domain name with Bluehost! If you’re thinking of starting a low-cost business, blogging is one of the most inexpensive startups.
- No experience needed. Blogging is the kind of business that doesn’t require you to have any experience to start. All you really need is the time and energy to put into creating content for your blog and the willingness to learn about blogging as you go along your blogging journey. You can follow along with my free tutorial on setting up your blog in less than 15 minutes here.
- It can help your business. Maybe you already have a business. Blogging is a great way to promote your business. When you blog about your business or expertise you start sharing your ideas, opinions and your personality with your readers. The connections you make can lead to interesting business and professional possibilities.
- Personal Freedom. This was surely one of my main reasons I started blogging. I no longer have to feel the need to wait until recess or lunchtime to use the restroom as an elementary teacher (my former career). There are no official work hours as a blogger which means I’m available for my family whenever needed (although I do follow some work boundaries throughout the day). The point is, I’m my own boss and can set my own work hours and my own vacation time.
I hope you found these ‘7 reasons why you should start a blog today’ helpful to you.
Recently, over 850 bloggers were surveyed by ConvertKit to figure out the ‘state of blogging’. The findings of the survey were quite interesting. In particular, when bloggers were asked ‘why did you start your blog’ these were the findings:
By far, the biggest reason for starting a blog was to become self-employed.
What would be your reasons to start a blog? I encourage you to start your own blog since it is easy and inexpensive to start and a great way to share your passion with others.
Start & Grow a Profitable Blog FREE E-Course
This 7 day email course will help you setup, grow, and make money from your blog!