There are quite a few bathroom scrubbers on the market right now to be able to find out which one is the best bathtub scrubber so we did some research to find out which ones are the best tub scrubbers out there.
Some of these are power scrubbers, meaning they are electrical or battery operated. This way, you don’t have to tire yourself with manual scrubbing a bathtub and shower. However, we also have some manual options to consider.
We researched and found our top 3 best bathtub power scrubbers and our top 3 best manual/traditional bathtub scrubbers.
Before we get into reviewing each item, if you want to just skip each review and check out our top pick, we found the best bathtub scrubber to be the Homitt Electric Spin Cordless Scrubber.
This post contains affiliate links.
Best Bathtub Scrubber For 2020 – TOP 3 Power Scrubbers:
Best Bathtub Scrubber For 2020 – TOP 3 Manual/Traditional Scrubbers:
Now that you’ve seen an overview of the best bathtub scrubbers (power scrubbing and manual scrubbers), if you still want more details and what we think of each one, continue reading the information that follows.
1. The Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber
This scrubber is our first choice as the best bathtub scrubber available. One of the reasons we like it so much is that it includes 4 different detachable head sizes: an extra-wide flat brush, a corner head brush, a round head brush, and a small head brush. Each one serves to clean a particular area better. This scrubber can be used to clean more than just your bathtub.
Another thing we really liked about this scrubber is that it charges extremely fast and it can be used for a longer time compared to other scrubbers on the market. While other power scrubbers can take up to 7 hours to charge, the Homitt can charge in about 3.5 hours. It can also be used up to 50 minutes as opposed to other scrubbers that last only 30 minutes.
Here are the features of this bathtub scrubber:
- Waterproof scrubber is resistant to mildew and bacteria, cordless
- It comes with 4 replaceable brush heads
- It is 24 inches long without the extension arm and 45 inches with the extension
- Multi-purpose use: bathtub, floors, windows, sink, etc.
- Powered by a rechargeable 3.6-volt battery
- Lightweight – weighs 3.76 lbs.
- Cleaner brush handle can be tilted or versatile to 45 degrees with the press of a button
- Power scrubber spins up to 600RPM
- 12 Months Warranty and 60 Days Money Back Guarantee.
2. ELLESYE Power Cordless Spin Scrubber
This Ellesye Power Scrubber is also an excellent scrubber and made the top spots as the best bathtub scrubber because it is quite similar to the the Homitt. We like it because it also comes with various replacement head sizes and the battery can be charged quick as well.
Here are the features of this bathtub scrubber:
- Portable, cordless, waterproof
- Long handle that can be extended up to 40 inches
- Comes with a bracket to hang, store, and easily charge without taking up too much space
- Multi-purpose use: clean tub, sink, counter, floors, etc.
- Only 3 HOURS charging brings up to 70 MINUTES using duration
- Power scrubber spins up to 300 RPM
- Provides a 90-day money back guarantee and 2-YEAR warranty
3. Drill Brush Power Scrubber
Our third choice for power scrubbers was the Drill Brush Power Scrubber. Not only is it great for cleaning the bathtub, it is also a good grout cleaner with nylon bristles that helps get rid of tough stains.
Here are some of the features of this bathtub power scrubber:
- The scrubber brush shaft fits drills with common 3/8 inch drill chuck
- Works great for fiberglass tubs, sinks, shower stalls and bathroom tile
- Can be used for grout cleaning
- Brush bristles are made out of medium stiffness nylon
- 90 day money back guarantee if not completely satisfied
Those were our top picks for the best bathtub scrubbers that were power scrubbers, meaning they were wither electric or battery operated. If you prefer to use manual bathroom scrubbers, we also did our research and chose our favorite top three. All the details follow.
1 .OXO Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber
This scrubber made our top pick for more than one reason.
Here are the features of this bathroom scrubber:
- Steel pole is lightweight
- Unique shape allows for cleaning narrow spaces
- Comes with replaceable head pivots
- Handle is extendable from 26 inches to 42 inches
- Soft and non-slip grip
- Anti-microbial head is abrasive for deep cleaning
- Scrubber is ideal for tubs, tiles, floors, glass and narrow spaces
2. The Simple Scrub Bathtub and Shower Scrubber
Just as the name implies, this is a simple bathtub and shower scrubber that gets the job done without having to bend over or get on your knees.
Here are the features:
- Aluminum made handle that won’t bend or rust
- Has a long handle & ergonomic bend that allows you to get to all areas of the tub
- Comes with a swiveling head
- One cleaning pad included
This scrubber comes with one cleaning pad but refills are available through Amazon. There is also a new cloth pad attachment (sold separately) that allows you to clean baseboards.
3. Lysol Flexible Tub and Tile Power Scrubber
This is the third scrubber that makes our list of the best bathtub scrubber. This tub scrubber with a long handle also makes cleaning easier.
The features include:
- Scrub pad uses Micromesh Technology for better cleaning
- It has a flexible head that cleans and scrubs curved and flat surfaces
- Tub scrubber with long handle extends up to 36 inches
- Scrubber has built-in antimicrobial product protectio
- Can be used with Lysol disinfecting wet cloths for a complete clean
- Lightweight (only 1.4 lbs)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can I use an electric or battery operated scrubber with any cleaning products?
It depends on which brand name you’ve purchased, however, most cleaning brushes can be used with any bath and tub cleaner. Therefore, more than likely, they are safe to use with any power scrubber. Just be cautious of what cleaning product you use on your tub so as not to damage your tub. This has nothing to do with the usage of a power scrubber.
Do the bathroom power scrubbers require maintenance?
The only real maintenance that they need is to make sure to wash the scrubber bristles with soap and water for enhanced durability after each use.
How often do I need to change and replace the power scrubber brushes?
This all depends on the make and particular model that you purchase. Some power scrubbers last quite long (up to one year) without having to change the brushes while others need to be replaced more often (every few months). How often you need to change and replace the brushes will also depend on how often you use your bathroom power scrubber.
If want to get rid of stubborn stains manually, I also highly recommend using magic erasers. They work great! I tried using the magic erasers from the dollar store but they don’t work as good! You have to use the real, original magic erasers from Mr. Clean which you can find here.
Best Bathtub Scrubber – Review and Demonstration
Here’s a more in-depth review and demonstration (from Youtuber Quynh Pham) of our top pick:
After doing our research and doing a power scrubber review along with researching the best manual scrubber options, we can conclude that the Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber got our top recommendation as the best bathtub scrubber. It had many of the features as the other scrubbers and some added benefits such as being a super fast spinner of 600RPM, that we couldn’t ignore.
- How To Clean Your Home When It’s a Hopeless Disaster
- Best Carpet Deodorizers For Eliminating Odors and Stains
- Speed Cleaning During The Holidays (In Less Than 30 Minutes)